I wrestle with whether 2010 was “the best year of my life” or not. Some really, really life-changing incredible events have taken place, but there’s also been quite a few significant downfalls. Isn’t that just LIFE though for everyone?
My year in review in bullet-form:
* traveled to LA with six friends to watch Alabama win the National Championship. What an experience. Not only was I fortunate to go, but almost all of my friends could go, it was our senior year, the game was in LA (could there have been a better city to visit?! NO!), and it was the most perfect season Alabama has ever had. Fun fun fun.
* completed 4.5 months of student teaching 9th and 11th grade English at Bryant High School in Tuscaloosa. I could write a novel about this experience. I also experienced my first real lockdown at this school. Taught me more about my career and about myself in general than any other experience I’ve ever had.
* Celebrated two years of dating with a wonderful man (February 17th)
* spent a week at the beach with Jamie and his family for SB
* HAD AN APARTMENT FIRE! I wish I could forget that shrill scream from Mallory as she screamed my name to wake up, but I never will. God had his hand on the situation, and if it was not for Mal’s ex-boyfriend (that’s a whole other store about how he’s invovled), we very likely would have been jumping from third-story windows to get out. The fire was right outside of our door. What a night.
* My best friend Ashley got engaged to Harmon!
* Traveled to NYC and West Point with my family for an 11-day trip. We spent six days in the heart of Manhatten, four days at West Point to celebrate Jamie and Josh’s graduation, and three days getting home (two-day pit stop in DC). Quite the trip.
* My younger brother David accepted an missions internship in Costa Rica and spent 10 weeks there.
* Jamie moved to Tuscaloosa for the summer. This was huge for us. He rented a house with two great guys while I lived at my apartment and took summer classes. It was SO FUN getting to hang out with him every day. It really confirmed that we didn’t ever want to do life without each other….
* WE GOT ENGAGED. June 30th, 2010. Best night of my life thus far.
* My grandma’s incredible husband fought “something” for 30 days and died on July 8th, 2010. It’s crazy how much I miss that man. He was more of a grandpa than I’d ever had before. He loved our family SO much, and it’s really not fair what happened to him. We’ll probably never know, but we’ll always miss him.
* I accepted a job offer with St. John’s on June 20th
* I juggled 10 days of traveling, buying and setting up a classroom, and finishing up my degree throughout the month of July. IT WAS NOTHING SHORT OF MADNESS.
* I drove 1600 miles to Arizona with Jamie.
* I graduated! ROLL TIDE!
* I started my job two days after walking across the stage. HOLY MOLY!
* During my first semester of teaching, I flew to Arizona twice, Vegas once, and Austin once.
* Watched/helped my sister plan her May 2011 wedding all this year.
* Moved up my wedding and planned it entirely in less than three weeks WHILE finishing up the semester at work.
*My little Sandygirl was put to sleep on Dec. 3rd. Worst day ever. 🙁
*First white christmas!!
I have been to all four corners of the country this year – NY, FL, AZ, and OR. I do not want to see an airport ever, ever again.
WHAT a year.
* change my last night (!!!!!)
* allow me to watch Kelly Cobb, my sister, Mary Katherine Williams, my cousin Amanda, Abbie Hecker, Ashley Martin, and Lauren Daniel ALL get MARRIED! I’m sure there will be a few more weddings thrown in there too. WOW! I can’t wait and am excited for these beautiful people.
* be tough without my love. He’s off to deploy for a year in early spring. I can’t really write details online. The anticipation of it is awful, so I’m ready for it to happen so that he can get back. I am so glad he’s leaving as my HUSBAND. I will get much better information now. I am so so proud of him and his bravery and eagerness, but we’re both going to be a flipping mess come goodbye time. The Lord knew we would face this difficulty, and he will equip up to get through it!
* bring a lot of travel to pass the time. Hello Hannah in West Palm and Amy in Denver
* bring a trip to Bora Bora! Jamie told me last night that this is where he is going to plan our honeymoon for either Sept or Oct…. HOORAY!
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to two little girls (ages 5 and 2) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo