The day after Thanksgiving (I think) I did a post about gratitude journals. I just graded over 200 spelling and vocabulary tests this morning, so I’m going to take a little breather and do another gratitude post.
Top things I’m grateful for from the last 24 hours:
1. My family (all three kids, both parents, and my crazy grandma) all sat down together for a meal last night. Can’t remember the last time it was just us.
2. I got to talk to Jamie this morning.
3. I had a lot of time to grade papers while my students were taking a literature test.
4. My dog didn’t change sleeping spots a zillion times last night, but allowed me a much better night’s sleep. 🙂
5. I had time to grab lots of goodies for Jamie’s care package.
6. My brother got home safely last night from Birmingham Southern.
7. Emily and I had a safe (and fun!) drive home from Clarksville yesterday. Such a fun weekend with her!
8. My work inbox only had two emails in it when I got to work this morning. sweet.
9. I did not chop my foot off while learning how to mow the lawn yesterday.
10. I got to relax and watch Coming Home, my favorite show on the face of the planet.
What are you thankful for today?
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to two little girls (ages 5 and 2) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo