We reached our first milestone yesterday – one month down. We are 10% done with this deployment, and for the most part it’s gone by pretty quick. I’d say I’ve been just a tad bit busy, which has helped like I knew it would. I’ll be honest – I really thought I would fall to pieces and have swollen eyes from crying all the time, but I’ve held up pretty well. I am beyond determined to enjoy this “me” time that I’ve been given.
What’s kept me busy:
- a trip/convention in New Orleans with my co-workers
- Alabama tornado madness
- two trips to Clarksville; One with my family after the tornado and another with one of my greatest friends, Emily Parker
- FOUR dadgum trips to Best Buy to get Jamie’s laptop and my laptop fixed
- continued running as I train for my next 10K race
- Sent two care packages (What did I put in them? Basically picture me, a shopping cart at Walmart, and an hour to cruise up and down every aisle in the store throwing in everything from flossers to vitamins, dill pickle chips and movies!) RAAANDOM. He loves it. 🙂
- Teddy’s surgery
- Got a new job!!!!
- learned to mow to lawn
- Jamie’s beginning to make plans for him, me, and Teddy to head down to Gulf Shores for a week during his December R & R
Month #2 will bring my sister’s wedding, the Cotton Row Run 10k, Mary Katherine’s wedding, the end of the school year, a trip to Denver to train for my new job, and finally getting settled for good in Clarksville.