We reached our first milestone yesterday – one month down. We are 10% done with this deployment, and for the most part it’s gone by pretty quick. I’d say I’ve been just a tad bit busy, which has helped like I knew it would. I’ll be honest – I really thought I would fall to pieces and have swollen eyes from crying all the time, but I’ve held up pretty well. I am beyond determined to enjoy this “me” time that I’ve been given.
What’s kept me busy:
- a trip/convention in New Orleans with my co-workers
- Alabama tornado madness
- two trips to Clarksville; One with my family after the tornado and another with one of my greatest friends, Emily Parker
- FOUR dadgum trips to Best Buy to get Jamie’s laptop and my laptop fixed
- continued running as I train for my next 10K race
- Sent two care packages (What did I put in them? Basically picture me, a shopping cart at Walmart, and an hour to cruise up and down every aisle in the store throwing in everything from flossers to vitamins, dill pickle chips and movies!) RAAANDOM. He loves it. 🙂
- Teddy’s surgery
- Got a new job!!!!
- learned to mow to lawn
- Jamie’s beginning to make plans for him, me, and Teddy to head down to Gulf Shores for a week during his December R & R
Month #2 will bring my sister’s wedding, the Cotton Row Run 10k, Mary Katherine’s wedding, the end of the school year, a trip to Denver to train for my new job, and finally getting settled for good in Clarksville.
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother is today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to two little girls (ages 4 and 2) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo