A few months ago I wrote a post about which baby essentials carried us through the first three months of my daughter’s life (ah I never get tired of saying my daughter), and that post was actually my most viewed post ever (600+ views in a matter of hours… you guys rock! Thank you!). Since Hadley turns six months old tomorrow, I thought today would be a great day to add on to that list!
Similar to my first post, this is simply a list of products that my husband and I love and that have been great for our baby.
1. Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound System – We purchased this from Amazon after one of my friends here in Arizona recommended it. It’s a projector that shines circling images on the ceiling above her crib, and it also plays white noise. The best part about it is that it’s noise-activated, so if she’s crying in the middle of the night or wakes during her nap, it’ll come right on and often distract her, putting her back to sleep. Two thumbs up!
2. NUK pacifiers – We have four different brands of pacifiers, and she likes these the best.
3. Pacifier clips – We don’t use these clips around the house, but we always have one attached to her when we go out. We have a few different kinds, but we personally love the Mud Pie versions! They are really cute and easy to put on.
4. Burt’s Bees Diaper Paste – We love this product line! We have three kinds of diaper paste, but Hadley’s skin reacts the best to this stuff. A teeny bit also goes a really long way.
5. Fisher Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse – Thank you to Hadley’s boyfriend Landon Ring for one of her absolute favorite toys! She’s fascinated by it, and it’s quickly become a necessity for going to sleep. She’ll stare at it for a couple minutes, snuggle it, and fall asleep.
6. Mesh bumper pad – We took off her fancy, padded bumper pad just a few weeks after she was born. She has been able to roll over from back to belly and scoot on her stomach since she was six weeks old (it was kind of a big problem for sleeping!), and in December we found her in her crib crying with her head face down stuck in the corner of her crib between where the two ends of the bumper pad meet. Jamie and I were both extremely traumatized, and the pretty bumper pads were gone within minutes. Our mesh bumper pad from Target has been fantastic. Highly recommend.
7. Bumpo seat – We started using this seat regularly when she was about four months old. She sits in it on top of the kitchen table so she can “eat” with us, she sits in it to play with taller toys, and I’ve even put her cutie booty in it naked and put her right in the shower with me during the few times where I had to take a shower and get ready, and entertaining herself or taking a nap weren’t options(just keepin’ it real folks!). Being a mom will make you do things you never imagined doing. 😉
8. Jumper – My mom had a ball watching Hadley via FaceTime goes bananas in her jumper this morning. She loves it and is often perfectly happy playing in it for 30-60 minutes at a time.
9. Nose Freida – She hates it; We love it. Clears her nose right up! New mommas – this one is a non-negotiable. Order it today.
10. Safety First Thermometer – There are so many fancy thermometers out there, and we have a couple of them, but we are loyal to the good old-fashioned, super simple rectal thermometer. We dealt with 10 straight days of an on and off super high and low fever due to a virus and her first two teeth breaking through, and we used this baby a zillion times to keep tabs on her. It’s accurate and quick.
11.Fisher Price Outdoor Swing – She swings outside sometimes three times a day. She absolutely, positively loves it.
12. Ergo – Cannot live without this baby carrier. I’ve worn it while packing, grocery shopping, shopping for flowers at Lowe’s, to the zoo, around the neighborhood, etc. She didn’t fit perfectly and comfortably in it until she was about 13 pounds, but now we use it multiple times a week.
13. Blackout shades – My mother-in-law put up some blackout shades in Hadley’s nursery while we were in Boston, and I just want to hug her every single day for it! We have had zero issues with her naps ever since. I can’t believe we waited to long to put them up. Thank you thank you thank you Tonya DeSpain! You saved my life. 😉
There are also a few products from my first list that we are still currently obsessed with and are definitely worth a second mention:
I’m really just plain excited about her getting older. She was a pretty cute newborn, but we are loving the stage she’s in now. The joy she brings to our lives is immeasurable. Hadley Lynn, you’re my girl.
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to two little girls (ages 5 and 2) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo