Panera Copycat Mac and Cheese Recipe
- one box of elbow or rotini pasta
- one stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup flour (we’ve used all purpose, whole wheat, and brown rice flour)
- one teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- two cups milk (skim, 1%, or 2% will all work)
- two cups shredded cheese (whichever kind you prefer)
- Begin cooking pasta
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in medium size saucepan over medium to high heat
- Once melted, whisk in flour, salt, and pepper
- Slowly whisk in milk, stirring continuously
- Reduce heat to medium low and mix in cheese
- Stir continuously until melted and smooth
- Pour cheese mixture onto pasta, mix, and serve!
Hi! I’m a proud Army wife and mom to two little girls (ages 1 and 4), and I love sharing our lives with you. I blog all about motherhood, our time in the military, our travels, our meals, my fitness journey, my fashion favorites, and so much more. I truly enjoy sharing it all! I can’t get enough of birthday cake ice cream, weekend sunrise runs, or making my girls belly-laugh. I write almost daily about my family’s lives, and though I like to keep things light, I also share the messy parts too. Welcome! So glad to have you around. I’m active on Facebook and Instagram and would love to communicate with you there!