I hope you’ve enjoyed a beautiful, festive day with family and/or friends. Everybody around me is in a little bit of a food coma and napping (y’all know I don’t nap), and I have to share with you a game our family played last night that was a ridiculous success. We haven’t roared that hard in a long, long time! I’m talking tears streaming down our faces, people running to the bathroom type of laughing. You know what I’m talking about!
Jamie and I first played this game with our church life group in Tennessee a few years ago as a “get to know you” game, and we loved it. I hoped my family would humor me and play along last night after church, and boy did they! What a riot.
Here’s our version of Chubby Bunny. It may be a little different than how you’ve played in the past.
- Score keeping sheet
- 100+ regular-sized marshmallows
- 10+ slips of paper per person
- Bowl to draw slips from
- Large “spit” bowl 🙂
- With at least four people (six or more is best), split up into two teams. All players should be seated in a circle and beside opposing team members (we played girls vs. boys with teams of three). You will also need to select one person to be the score keeper/timer (this can be somebody playing)
- Give each team member 10-12 slips of paper and a pen. Players should secretly write one word (words with 2+ syllables are best) on each slip. Fold each slip in half and put all team members’ slips in one big bowl.
- Time to play! When the timer says go, the first player puts one marshmallow in his/her mouth, draws a slip, and says the word. The team members should try and guess what word was said. As soon as they guess correctly, put the slip aside, stick another marshmallow in your mouth, draw a slip, and say the word. The first couple of words should be easy for fellow team members to guess, but by three or four marshmallows things get pretty interesting! You have 60 seconds to try and say as many words as you can. Remember – One marshmallow per word! When the time is up, count how many words were guessed correctly. If the team successfully guessed four, the team gets four points.
- Make sure the person with the marshmallows has the “spit bowl”. 🙂
- We played two rounds and declared a winner. You can also play until a team reaches a certain number of points.
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to two little girls (ages 5 and 2) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo