Happy Friday friends! I hope you’ve had a great first official week of spring and are hopefully enjoying some warmer temperatures. It’s going to be a pretty quiet weekend around here, which is a-okay with me! April is shaping up to be a busier month, so I’m going to try my best to soak up a few lazy days with my folks while I can.
Speaking of warmer temps, April, and springtime, our bank account is quickly learning that with each new season brings a whole new set of needs for our growing girl, and though buying her winter coats & cutesy warm hats was fun, I’m way too excited about shopping for all of her spring and summer staples!
I’m borderline obsessed with Nordstrom’s “$30 & Under” section, so I’ve pulled out some of my favorite items that are sitting in my shopping cart just waiting to be purchased.
The customer reviews go on and on about how awesome they are for kids because of how breathable and comfortable they are. They’re also supposedly super easy to slip on but stay on as well as tennis shoes. The idea of just quickly slipping them on her feet and running out the door to head to the park, gym, pool, etc. sounds perfect!
2. ‘Taryn’ Ankle Strap Sandal – These sweet little sandals look perfect for church or daily outings that don’t require her to do a ton of running around. I love shoes with ankle straps for her because I know there’s a better chance they’ll stay on her feet while still being comfortable.
5. Little Me ‘Rose’ UPF 50+ Swimsuit – I’m dying! I can’t wait for her to wear this sweet suit! We have an amazing community pool with a huge kiddo area, so I know we’re going to spend a ton of time there. I’ll feel much better about her running around in a swimsuit if I know it’s helping protect her from the sun. Cute + sun protection = winning toddler swimsuit.
6. Tucker+ Tate Two-Piece Rashguard Swimsuit – This suit is another winner because of it’s sun protection components. Plus it’s precious! I can’t wait to see her wear this one.
7. Tucker + Tate Two-Piece Fitted Pajamas – Last summer Hadley wore onesies to bed because as new parents we had no idea what she should wear to bed when it was 100 degrees out. This summer Hadley will be sporting jams more like these. At $15 a pair, we’ll be sure to snag a few that will surely last us all spring, summer, and maybe into fall based on Nordstrom’s long-lasting quality of clothing. Love.
8. Peek ‘Happy’ Foil Print Ruffle Sleeve Tee – I think every mom of girls is in love with the pink and gold trend right now. Shirts like these are the reason why I get tickled picking out Hadley’s clothing every day.
9. Joe’s ‘Annie’ Roll Cuff Shorts – These little shorts are so versatile, and I know she’ll get a ton of use out of them. Plus they’ll look super cute paired with the pink and gold shirt above!
10. Tea Collection ‘Holi’ Wrap Cotton Dress – These are the types of dresses I know she’ll be wearing to church all spring and summer long. They’re airy and comfortable but still modest enough for church or a dinner outing.
Ah, just typing up all of this just makes me giddy for weekdays at the pool with our friends and their babes and evenings at the park once the temps have cooled down. Spending last summer in Arizona was an amazing opportunity (and we sure did soak up the gorgeous climate), but we are so looking forward to getting outdoors as a family and having a little fun now that Hadley’s mobile.
Question for you! What’re you most looking forward to now that the temps are warming up? What do you and your family enjoy filling your time with during the spring and summer?
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to two little girls (ages 5 and 2) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo