It also has an oddly massive walk-in closet that needed some TLC as well. The shelving was never treated, and the walls looked like they used to be canvases for children to paint and color on (something you can’t see well in these photos).
- Ripped up and hauled off carpet
- Painted trim in closet and in bedroom (it took three full coats until it looked good – sigh)
- Caulked the trim all the way around the whole bedroom and closet since so much of it had pulled away from the wall
- Painted the closet shelving (this also took three full coats of paint since the raw wood soaked up so much of the paint)
- Took down the old blinds
- Painted the window (this also took three coats because the grain continued to show through)
- Painted the bedroom walls
- Painted the closet walls
Hi! I’m a proud Army wife and mom to two little girls (ages 1 and 4), and I love sharing our lives with you. I blog all about motherhood, our time in the military, our travels, our meals, my fitness journey, my fashion favorites, and so much more. I truly enjoy sharing it all! I can’t get enough of birthday cake ice cream, weekend sunrise runs, or making my girls belly-laugh. I write almost daily about my family’s lives, and though I like to keep things light, I also share the messy parts too. Welcome! So glad to have you around. I’m active on Facebook and Instagram and would love to communicate with you there!