This is a review of the Shark Rocket Powerhead, one of the best vacuums we have ever owned! We love this vacuum for so many reasons and still use it religiously four full years after we got it. Can’t recommend enough! Read on to see why.
With a growing family naturally comes a growing house, and I’ve never found myself spending more dedicated time cleaning than I have in our current home. I’ve heard before to try and finding thankfulness amidst a messy home (that I just cleaned) because it means you’re blessed with an active toddler/children, but sometimes finding that thankfulness is so much easier said than done (especially, like I said, when I just cleaned).
Vacuuming is actually one of my favorite chores (if there is such a thing) that I’ve never minded too much, but lately I’ve been finding myself vacuuming even more than I used to thanks to my favorite new vacuum – the brand spankin’ new Shark Rocket Powerhead!
I heard about this new addition to the Shark line this summer and took it for a test drive when I was in New York at BlogHer. I’m so excited to finally call one my own and use it to help tidy up my home in a snap!
When it arrived a few weeks ago Jamie offered to breeze through the manual and then gave me the lowdown; I figured that it would be just as complicated of an appliance button-wise as our previous vacuum. Flipping through the manual took him all of 60 seconds and then he showed me that there’s literally nothing to using this vacuum. It’s super simple to use!
Because I’m a big fan of lists when I want the facts, here’s a list of reasons I really love our new Shark Rocket Powerhead vacuum and that I think you should consider it too.
- The head has a slight swivel motion that makes maneuvering around furniture effortless.
- There’s a light on the end of the head that highlights areas you’re about to vacuum over (great for finding Hadley’s plastic hairbands I find all over the house that I don’t want to vacuum up).
- It’s incredible lightweight (9 lbs to be exact).
- When it comes to additional parts, it’s simple – it has two brush options. That’s it! No additional parts to keep up with.
- It’s fairly small, so it fits well in many of my tighter closets. I’d bet it would even fit under my bed if I tried.
- Its price fits the bill in my opinion.
- It leaves really pretty fresh vacuum marks (HOW NERDY AM I THAT I LOVE FRESH VACUUM MARKS?)
- The brush head can be used on hardwoods or carpet depending on what speed setting you put the vacuum on. My upstairs level has a combo of tile, hardwood, and carpet, so I’m constantly switching back and forth. I love that this vacuum makes it so simple. Notice the switch on the top of the handle; That’s where you switch back and forth from hardwood to carpet.
- It’s a breeze to use on my staircase. My larger, older vacuum is a huge pest on the stairs, so I’m thankful for this lighter-weight one!
A few elements of this vacuum you may want to keep in mind when considering purchasing this machine:
- The dust/dirt collector isn’t huge. My upstairs level is around 1600 sq. feet, and I’ve had to dump out the dust and dirt about half way through my vacuuming. Not a huge deal to me at all (because it’s easy), but this is just an FYI in case this element is important to you!
- As aforementioned above, there are no extra attachments to clean under cabinets or anything. If the main head of the vacuum can’t fit in the space, you won’t be able to vacuum in there. I haven’t found this to be an issue, but again, something to think about!
I found the best price for this vacuum on Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $199. It’s listed for $261 on Amazon, but it’s out of stock. Bed, Bath, and Beyond always has 20% coupons that they’re sending in the mail or through email, so keep an eye for one of those and you’ll get the price down to $160!
What cleaning product or appliance do you finding yourself raving about? I’d love to hear your suggestions!
Thank you Shark for sponsoring this post and thank you readers for your continued support surrounding sponsored posts.
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to three little girls (ages 7, 4, and 1) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo