Oh hi! I hope you’ve had a good weekend! I rarely put up a Sunday evening post, but Hadley and I have enjoyed a quiet day resting from a fun past few days and a busy next few, so I had a little bit of time to blog. 🙂 The last few days around here were spent soaking up time with Jamie’s mom who flew in Thursday morning for a weekend visit. We spent time running around the local zoo, shopping, eating out, and playing around the house. Hadley loved having her “Miya” all to herself one last time before she has to share her with Sadie. 🙂
When I hugged her goodbye this morning she touched my stomach and mentioned how the next time she sees us I’ll have a baby in my arms. That was such a surreal thought and a good reminder that labor is right round the corner (hello week 34!).
We brought Tonya to the airport this morning and spent a good bit of the day getting ready to welcome my dad and brother tonight. They went on a guys’ road trip through 10 states throughout the weekend (they stopped to run in every state too as prep for their marathon next weekend) and are ending up at my place in Kansas. They’re here to help me around the house and to pack up my jeep because in a couple of days, we’re out of here!
Hadley, Teddy, and I will shortly be on the road back to sweet home Alabama! We’ve decided that Sadie is going to be born a Bama girl. 🙂
I’ve had a lot of decision-making to do the last four months or so, and it hasn’t been easy. Weighing the pros and cons of staying here and delivering in Kansas versus traveling home and delivering in Alabama has been agonizing at times because neither of them offered perfect, obvious solutions. I must have talked out my options with 10 or more people, and each of them agreed that the situation was much more complex than they ever could have imagined. I was running into big hurdles with both options, but at the end of the day staying here in Kansas presented more hurdles than going to Alabama and being with my family.
Now that we have everything that’s in our control figured out, I am thrilled to head back down South. I meet my new doctor this Thursday, Hadley is continuing preschool two days a week starting Friday (this was very important to me!), and our calender is full nearly up until delivery with plans to spend time with family and friends. Though we’re hoping that the stars align and Jamie makes it in time for delivery, I’m relieved that no matter what day and what time I go into labor I’ll be guaranteed to have my very best standby coach (my mom) and someone to keep Hadley and Teddy (my dad). Taking away the guesswork with these issues was huge to me.
I’ve already made plans for when to head back to Kansas too (Jamie’s mom is planning to come stay and help out when we get back), so all that’s left to do is wait to see how all of this really plays out. 🙂 We’ve thought through and planned out everything that can be planned at this point, but it’s up to Sadie when she decides to come and how smoothly everything goes before and after delivery. We’re remaining flexible!
All I’ve ever wanted with this whole situation is to feel peace and like I’m doing the right thing for my family, and I’m grateful that I feel that way now.
We’re going to have so many stories for Sadie and Hadley one day about the sheer chaos of these deployments. It’s just wild! These girls are already rock stars.
To both my family and Jamie’s family – Thank you for being willing to help in any way during all of this. Knowing I have family support and people who love us so much is everything. We’re so grateful for your help.