For years, one of my absolute favorite summer treats has been a big bowl of sliced up strawberries and fresh pineapple. I love cutting up my fruit at night after dinner, mixing it all up in a big storage container, and letting the fresh fruit juices soak together before indulging the next day. It makes my mouth water just talking about it! I officially cannot wait for summer.
Recently I was making cupcakes from a box with icing from a store-bought jar and was looking for ways to spice up them up a bit. I found a can of crushed pineapple in the refrigerator and decided to mix it up with the icing to give the dessert a more fruity taste. The result tasted excellent but made the icing a bit too thin for presentable cupcakes.
A lightbulb then went off that thinner icing would work beautifully for creating delicious cake balls, and soon these Strawberry Pineapple White Chocolate cake balls were born!
This spin on my favorite summer treat is to die for. A tray of these cake balls would be the perfect item to bring to a spring or summer potluck or for sticking in the freezer and sneaking whenever you get a sweet tooth. It doesn’t hurt that they’re pretty too, though they could be decorated dozens of different ways.
- 16 oz. Baker's Premium White Chocolate Baking Chocolate
- 8 oz. can Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 16 oz. jar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 15 oz. Strawberry Cake Mix (may need eggs and oil to prepare)
- Assorted sprinkles to decorate
- Cook your boxed cake according to the instructions on the packaging. Let cool completely.
- Combine your crushed pineapple and icing with a mixer in a large bowl.
- Crumble your cake into the icing and mix well.
- Set cake mixture in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm a bit.
- Line pan with wax paper and roll cake mixture into balls. Freeze for at least one hour.
- Melt white chocolate according to the packaging.
- Using a toothpick or other method, dip each cake ball one at a time completely into the melted chocolate. Set back on wax paper. Decorate immediately.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes before serving.
P.S. – Wishing the happiest birthday to my handsome Dad! I wrote this note to him a few years ago. He’s a gem!
Hi! I’m a proud Army wife and mom to two little girls (ages 1 and 4), and I love sharing our lives with you. I blog all about motherhood, our time in the military, our travels, our meals, my fitness journey, my fashion favorites, and so much more. I truly enjoy sharing it all! I can’t get enough of birthday cake ice cream, weekend sunrise runs, or making my girls belly-laugh. I write almost daily about my family’s lives, and though I like to keep things light, I also share the messy parts too. Welcome! So glad to have you around. I’m active on Facebook and Instagram and would love to communicate with you there!