Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may receive a small commission from your purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
When I had Hadley a couple years ago, I had no idea what I would realistically want and need in the hospital for the two of us, so I heavily overpacked. This created an issue later because the very last thing I wanted to do when I got home from the hospital with my newborn a few days later was unpack our very full suitcases.
When I made my packing list a few weeks ago for Sadie and me, I tried to be very intentional about only bringing the things we needed. Thankfully I was able to unpack and settle in lickety-split when we got home this time around.
- Lightweight robe (I had an inexpensive one that came with a $19 nightgown from Marshall’s that is similar to this one.)
- Four pairs of comfortable pants (I highly recommend these maternity yoga capris from Old Navy.)
- Four nursing tanks (I have lived in and loved these from Destination Maternity.)
- 4-6 pairs of underwear (Think inexpensive full-coverage panties that come in a pack from Walmart.)
- Comfortable going home outfit (Consider that the odds are high you’ll still look 4-5 months pregnant.)
- Nursing cover (great for when you have male visitors in the room)
- Boppy pillow for breastfeeding
- Nursing bra (I’m really loving this inexpensive one from Target.)
- Dry Shampoo
- Hair elastics/headbands
- Body wash and loofah
- Face wash and lotion
- Eye makeup remover
- Toothbrush and paste
- Cell phone charger
- Extra bag to bring home gifts received in the hospital
- Optional: Straightener and blow dryer
- Optional: Snacks for Mom & Dad
- Two outfits per day (Sadie had some spit-up issues, so we went through five in three days.)
- 2-3 cozy receiving blankets
- 2-3 burp cloths
- Newborn diapers (The hospital will more than likely only supply premie and size one diapers.)
- Car seat
Necessities provided by the hospital (may vary depending on your hospital)
- Size one diapers
- Other healing necessities
- Lanolin cream
What would you add to this list?