Like many of you, I had the weirdest jitters all day on Election Day last month. I knew that the meal I was making for dinner that night would produce leftovers, so around 4 p.m., on a whim, I invited a girlfriend and her kids over to jump on the trampoline and eat dinner to help pass the time until the polls started to close.
Around 5:30 everybody headed inside to play and I whipped together dinner in about 15 minutes. I loosely recreated a meal from a recipe I’d received from a recent freezer meal class, and to say that it was a crowd-pleaser would be an understatement.
This was the type of meal that I was able to whip together quickly, serve casually, and enjoy from the living room couch with our gaggle of kids sprawled across the floor. As much as I enjoy sitting around the table with friends eating a nice meal, I equally enjoy a relaxed, less formal atmosphere where guests feel free to grab seconds and leave their plates in the sink. 🙂
By 6:30 both of our uniform-clad husbands had shown up and happily accepted a big bowl of pasta.
After they left later that night, Jamie heated up a third heaping helping of dinner and said his typical phrase (between bites) that he always mutters when he highly approves of dinner: “Can we please add this to the weekly rotation? Because this is delicious.”
Yes. Yes, we can.
This meal combines so many delicious ingredients that mesh together in the most tasty way. You’re going to love it!
Shredded Chicken with Sesame Noodles*
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz bottle Asian Sesame dressing
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or creamy work)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 package of spaghetti or linguini noodles
- 10 oz bag of shredded carrots
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Place thawed chicken breasts in slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours or frozen chicken breasts on high for 5-6 hours.
- Shred chicken once cooked. We use our KitchenAid mixer but you can also shred with two forks or with a hand-held mixer.
- Begin cooking pasta.
- While pasta cooks, add all remaining ingredients to chicken and combine well.
- Add pasta to chicken mixture, serve, and enjoy (immensely)!
*Recipe adapted from Hyvee
Hi! I’m a proud Army wife and mom to two little girls (ages 1 and 4), and I love sharing our lives with you. I blog all about motherhood, our time in the military, our travels, our meals, my fitness journey, my fashion favorites, and so much more. I truly enjoy sharing it all! I can’t get enough of birthday cake ice cream, weekend sunrise runs, or making my girls belly-laugh. I write almost daily about my family’s lives, and though I like to keep things light, I also share the messy parts too. Welcome! So glad to have you around. I’m active on Facebook and Instagram and would love to communicate with you there!