Hello hello and happy Monday! I hope your weekend was a good one!
I don’t often talk about what goes on behind the scenes to keep this little blogging boat afloat, but today I wanted to give you a little glimpse into something I’ve worked diligently on throughout the last year or so.
Disclaimer: It feels SUPER WEIRD to be writing this post about how to do something related to blogging. I feel like I’m the one who’s always reading these posts written by other people. I’m no blogging expert (you guys know I march to the beat of my own drum 99% of the time), but this resource is so great and I know there’s somebody reading this that will be so glad they did.
Okay! Onward. 🙂
affiliate links are present
Around this time last year I read several blog posts advertising an online self-paced course called Elite Blog Academy. After doing a bit of research, it didn’t take me long to realize that I desperately needed this program to teach me all the aspects of blogging that I’d been trying so hard for so long to research and teach myself.
This program somewhat changed my life because it turned my hobby blog into an income opportunity.
Here me out! I would never (ever ever ever) continue blogging just to make money; This isn’t what I want to do as a career necessarily. I just love blogging. I’m such a dork, but writing and story-telling has been my true life-long hobby, so if I’m going to spend time on it, it’s so helpful to make money too that helps financially support my little family of four.
So just like anybody else does who has a hobby they love, I decided to sink a bit of our monthly income monthly into really giving this program a shot.
Here’s what happened.
In seven months I grew my page views by more than 300% (and it’s still just a-growin’! Bananas.)
I went from making zero money from my blog in March 2016 to making enough money in December 2016 to cover every single Christmas gift that we purchased for teachers, family members, and friends. And Christmas cards too!
I purchased the program when I was 34 weeks pregnant, worked as hard as I could until my baby was born, and then slowly but surely picked back up with the program whenever I could until I was finished. It was a tremendous amount of work, but I honestly enjoyed nearly every single minute of it. I believed in the program so much and was determined to make the money I’d spent on this program well well well worth it.
So what is Elite Blog Academy exactly?
I’ll try to be brief!
As aforementioned, EBA is a self-paced online course designed to teach you everything you need to know about blogging. SEO, social media, Pinterest pins, blog design, email lists, sponsored posts, affiliate income, ad networks, and so much more. SO much more.
EBA helps to give you a vision for your site and helps you get organized in every area that a blogger needs and/or wants to get organized.
Why I Love EBA
- I didn’t know what I didn’t know about blogging, and Ruth (the creator of EBA) taught me more from this course than I ever imagined there was to learn. I didn’t have to talk to a million other bloggers or spend hours on Google trying to research every little aspect of blogging. Ruth does an incredible job teaching as much as she can in a way that’s non-intimidating and doable.
- This goes without saying, but taking this course actually paid off. I’d read that this course would help grow my blog and grow my income, and it successfully (and thankfully – whew!) did both.
- I’ve attended a blog conference, I’ve shelled out good money for blog designs and web hosting, yadda yadda. While I’m so grateful that I’ve invested money into my blog via those avenues (also well worth it), they didn’t directly affect my income stream and page views. Elite Blog Academy did.
Who would I recommend EBA to?
- I would recommend EBA to bloggers who are sure without a shadow of a doubt that they want to go full steam ahead and make their blog thrive.
- I would recommend it to bloggers who can make an extra 5-ish hours per week to steadily work on this course and give it the attention it needs.
- I would recommend it to bloggers who understand that it will not work if you don’t.
- I would recommend it to all bloggers, brand new or “seasoned”, because whether the material is new to you or not, Ruth’s lessons and assignments challenge all students to evaluate every inch of their site. The course also may introduce you to several aspects of blogging you had no idea about or how important they are.
How do I sign up?
EBA is only offered for sale once per year, so it’s now (well, later this month) or never. It’ll officially go on sale in a few weeks and will only be for sale for five days, so click here to snoop around the site and sign up for the waiting list so you’ll have the option to purchase it as soon as it goes on sale.
BONUS! If you sign up for the waiting list (that simply just emails you as a reminder when the program goes on sale), you’ll also receive the EBA Blog Structure Blueprint planning tool totally free in your inbox. Sweet!
A final thought about the price
I knooooooow it’s expensive. I was freaking the heck out investing that much money into my blog. I chose to do the payment plan and split the cost into 12 auto-payments (one per month for a year), and I’m glad I did this because each month’s payment receipt reminded me to get my butt in gear and make that money well spent by giving this course the attention and time it deserves. Even the lessons that I was tempted to breeze through were lessons I chose to slow down in. I wanted to learned as much as I could since I was paying such a hefty fee. Plus, by the third month I was already make at least 3x the amount that I was paying monthly for EBA. It was working, and quickly!
In summary, if I had to chose between paying for a brand new blog design, a blog conference, or Elite Blog Academy, I would chose Elite Blog Academy simply because it has resulted in the most direct increase in page views and income.