There have been so many solid gold moments lately with my girls filled with such an array of emotions, and I’m always trying to mentally record whatever hilarious, sweet, surprising, or even maddening moment just happened. These are real parenting moments, and they collectively make our lives so full. I’m so smitten with these girls that my heart can’t take it sometimes.
- We were driving to Home Depot a couple weeks ago, which is right next to PetSmart. Hadley got excited because she thought that’s where we were going, but I told her that we usually only go there when Teddy’s with us. I asked her why we bring Teddy there, and without missing a beat says “so he can get his stinky toes cut!” I roared.
- Speaking of Teddy, Hadley was really concerned when Teddy was gone for a day and a half during his surgery. She must have asked me 50 times where Teddy was and when he was coming home. The night of his surgery, Hadley was laying in bed with Jamie facetiming with his parents, and they were all taking about Teddy. All of a sudden she turns to Jamie and says excitedly “I want a new puppy!” *head smack*
- Sadie smiles so big at Hadley the second she lays her eyes on her every single morning, and as crazy as our mornings usually are, I always look forward to this moment. It’s one of my favorite times of the day.
- Earlier this week our best friends told us that they’re PCSing (moving) in April, which is way earlier than anyone expected. We were on the playground when she spilled the news, and I sat there with a handful of other moms all around and just cried. Saying goodbye to close friends is always miserable, but involving Hadley is torture. I watched her as she ran around with her buddy, and it breaks my heart that this chapter of our lives with this family is about to be over. Suuuuucks. So truly hard.
- While Jamie was TDY, Hadley became very interested in knowing everyone’s name. She points to people on the computer, in books, in picture frames, and on TV, and always asks what his or her name is. Jamie didn’t know she’d developed this interest, so his first day back home he was flipping through a new West Point magazine he’d gotten in the mail. Hadley immediately started asking him about names, and he was telling her that he didn’t know. I quickly nudged him and told him to just play along and make it up! I knew that she wouldn’t give it up until she knew the names of the people pictured in the magazine. So now, everybody in that issue of the West Point magazine is assigned a name. 😉
- Magnatiles and legos are reigning supreme right now, and Hadley has been building some legit structures. Her imagination is incredible. Sadie also thinks her structures are awesome and wants to tear them down. We try to catch her before she does it, but sometimes we’re not fast enough. The other day we were sitting on the couch while Hadley built a lego structure on the floor in front of us, and Sadie came and bulldozed it. Hadley got upset and loudly whined “NO, HONEY!” We died laughing. She wanted to be so mad at Sadie but then used a pet name that she hears us use with her. Ha!
- Last but not least, we are spontaneously hopping a plane in a few weeks and heading to fill our little princess lover’s heart with a trip to Disney World! If we could plan an entire wedding in seven weeks, I knew we could plan a trip to Disney in four. 🙂 I think I’ll probably cry 10 times a day watching how in awe and giddy Hadley will be. Just typing this gives me all the feels. Cannot wait! Hadley keeps saying “I’m going on a blue plane (Southwest) to see Mickey and ‘Punzel and Cinderella!”
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to two little girls (ages 5 and 2) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo