Happy happy Friday, friends! We are filled with excitement around here today because as of 2:03 a.m. we officially have a big four year old in our home. 🙂
Every year on her birthday I get teary-eyed at least once and am filled with so much emotion. It’s just so darn true that there’s no love that compares to that which you feel for your child, and on my girls’ birthday I am always reminded of what a unique, firm grip the love I have for them has on me.
These emotions always make me think of my mom and how I finally understand how she feels about me and my mother-in-law feels about Jamie. It’s wild. I know so many of you are surely nodding your heads in agreement because you know exactly how my heart is feeling today as I look at my big, beautiful girl as a brand new four year old. I am so proud of her!
I know I’ve shared the story of how I found out I was pregnant before, but on Hadley’s birthday I always think back to that random day in February 2013. I knew in my heart suddenly that I was pregnant (based on a couple signs) and was so terrified. I don’t think I’d ever been that scared before. (I was newly 25 years old and Jamie had just left one week prior to spend a year in Afghanistan for his second deployment.)
As my sweaty, shaking hands gripped the wheel and I drove to the drugstore to get a pregnancy test, I prayed out loud the whole way that if this was God’s plan for my life, that I fully trusted in that. I prayed that He would give me peace to know that He knew better than me and that He knew what my future held, and to find peace in that if that test was positive. And yep – it was positive. 🙂 And God absolutely knew better. He knew we’d need our Hadley Lynn right when He gave her to us. His timing was perfect, and so is she.
Today Hadley, Sadie, and me have an incredibly fun day planned together! Hadley knows about all of it and it so giddy. 🙂
I wanted to take a stab this year at doing my first interview with Hadley. 🙂 Maybe we’ll make this a birthday tradition? We’ll see!
- What is your full name? Hadley Lynn DeSpain
- When is your birthday? November 17th
- How old are you going to be? four
- Who is your best friend? Quinn & Ella
- Who are your teachers? Mrs. Anderson & Mrs. Hendricks
- What is your favorite color? pink
- Movie? Mickey’s Christmas
- Song? Merry Christmas
- Food? candy/chocolate/ice cream
- What is your favorite thing to do with Mommy? going to Grandma & Grandpa’s house
- Daddy? to go to the park in Alabama
- Miya? to eat chocolate pie
- Papaw? to go to the store
- Grandma? going outside
- Grandpa? to eat with him
- What is your favorite toy? pepperoni pizza
- What do you want to be when you grow up? a princess and to marry Daddy
- What makes you happy? when you clean your whole plate and get candy
- What makes you sad? no candy
- Where is your favorite place to go in the car? Miya and Papaw’s house
- Where is your favorite place to go on an airplane? Disney World
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother is today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to two little girls (ages 4 and 2) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo