Three years ago I won my first ever (and probably only!) internet giveaway – and it was a pretty big one! Shortly after LG rolled out their new TWIN Wash system with SideKick pedestal washer, we became the proud owners of a shiny new pair! Since we’ve had it for a while now, I thought it would be a fun idea to do a quick non-sponsored review of this fancy duo in case anyone is in the market for a new washer/dryer set. Y’all know I love to yak about the things I love, and this is one of them!
First, a funny story (that wasn’t quite so funny at the time). For months before we put our Kansas house on the market, my mom predicted that potential buyers would want our washer and dryer. “They’re gonna want it, Erica. They’re gonna want it. You better be prepared for that” is what she said many times.
Well, moms are always right (duh) because the people who we initially thought were going to buy our house wanted the washer and dryer, and long story short, they almost got it because of something that was overlooked in the contract on our part/our realtor’s part. Ack. IT WAS SO HAIRY. We were obviously super devastated when that sale fell through because of an inspection issue, but looking on the bright side, we got to keep our beloved washer and dryer. And we made dang sure in the future to scrutinize everything we signed so that there was no way we’d lose that washer and dryer again. 😉 Oy. Learning lessons the hard way always stinks!
Anywho, let’s chat about the LG TWIN Wash system, why it totally rocks, and why I’d put it on your list to consider if you’re in the market.
- The drums on both the washer and the dryer are gigantic. I can fit my king-sized quilt and all of the sheets in one load.
- There are so many settings on both the washer and the dryer. I usually just stick to using the same few, but it’s nice to have options in case I have a garment that needs a bit more TLC.
- The washing machine senses how full the load it and uses only the necessary amount of water and time. For example, if I need to do a tiny load with just five items, it’ll likely be complete in 20 minutes or less. It’s wonderful.
- The dryer also uses a sensor, so drying a small load with five items would likely take 15 minutes or less.
- The dryer has a couple of options for steaming and refreshing clothes, which is a total win for someone like me who generally dislikes ironing and using a hand steamer.
- The pedestal washer has a bunch of settings as well, which includes hand wash, rinse + spin, intimates, etc. We use these various settings often!
- Everything is washed and dried so evenly, and nothing has ever gotten hung or twisted up during a cycle.
A few things to note:
- This system has never needed any kind of maintenance in the three years that we’ve had it. It still runs just as strong as ever.
- The pedestal washer is awesome and really helpful for doing a small load simultaneously with a bigger load in the main washer. However, I’m not sure pedestal washer is for everyone. It’s nice to have, but when you consider what you pay for it, you could buy another less expensive full-sized washing machine. Even when we have a small load to do, we usually do it in the bigger drum because it washes it so quickly and so well anyway.
- Adding the pedestals to the already tall washer and dryer likely makes it too tall for some laundry spaces. In our Kansas home, we had to get our cabinets raised to fit them (not a big deal). In our new Alabama house, we had to request a custom height for the cabinets that were being installed so that our washer and dryer set would fit. In addition to being tall, they are also quite deep. I’m not sure how much deeper they are than a standard set, but I know they jutted out a couple inches farther than our previous Samsung set. This is just something to keep in mind if you move around often (heeeeyyyy military friends!) or if your current laundry room set-up isn’t conducive to a bigger set.
- I loved (!) the pedestal washer when Sadie was a newborn. Being able to wash her clothes separately in the separate wash with Dreft was so nice. It was also nice to wash the clothes that contained spit-up and blowout remnants in a separate drum.
Whether you’re in the market for just one of these items or all of them, I’d highly recommend each. Both individually and as a whole system, they’re all phenomenal picks for your laundry needs.
What we have:
- 5.2 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Smart Front Load Washer with TurboWash and WiFi Enabled in Graphite Steel
- 1.0 LG SideKick™
- 9.0 cu.ft. Dryer
- Standard Dryer Pedestal
Hi! I’m a proud Army wife and mom to two little girls (ages 1 and 4), and I love sharing our lives with you. I blog all about motherhood, our time in the military, our travels, our meals, my fitness journey, my fashion favorites, and so much more. I truly enjoy sharing it all! I can’t get enough of birthday cake ice cream, weekend sunrise runs, or making my girls belly-laugh. I write almost daily about my family’s lives, and though I like to keep things light, I also share the messy parts too. Welcome! So glad to have you around. I’m active on Facebook and Instagram and would love to communicate with you there!