Tomorrow (Monday) is a day where the holiday season takes a complete pause and we focus on our #1 guy. December 23rd is the big 3-2 for my love.
Some people like to call him Mr. Whimsical September, and for some reason he doesn’t mind. 😉 We are the luckiest to call Jamie ours, so this post is all about him. Here are a few fun things about Jamie that even my longest readers may not know.
- He almost always eats a second dinner between 9-10 p.m. Usually this is two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a very large glass of whole milk.
- He really (REALLY!) dislikes shopping for and trying on clothes, but he loves to dress nice and feel good in the clothes he buys. 😉
- He is an absolute sports fanatic and has some form of ESPN on every second he can.
- He’s ran at least five full marathons and three ultra marathons (31.2 miles twice and 50 miles once).
- He loves taking our girls to our neighborhood pool.
- He squeezes in some kind of workout every single day, even if it’s just yoga in the living room. If he hasn’t had any time that day to work out, he’ll still go in our garage gym and kick butt at 10 p.m.
- If he hasn’t been able to work out for two days in a row, he’s very likely going to be in a sour mood. 😉
- He unloads the dishwasher almost every single morning.
- He chooses to drive Hadley to school because he likes that time with her.
- He’s read through the entire Bible at least once.
- He drives a truck and says that he will always drive a truck.
- He is so insanely good at trivia and once tried out to be on Jeopardy!
- He used to write me poems in college and send them over AOL instant messenger or Facebook messenger.
- His craziest job in the Army was working as a General’s Aide in 2013 in Afghanistan, and he could share stories for hours about the things he saw, did, and experienced.
- After having Jillian sleep in our room the last few months (but recently moving her to her nursery), he now cannot sleep without a white noise app blaring.
- He is the king of puns and especially loves to crack them around my mom because she humors him and dies laughing at him every time (usually while I’m rolling my eyes super hard, ha).
- When he was in middle school, he saw a neighbor waving a West Point flag outside of his home, so he hopped off his bike to go talk to him. He knew from a young age that he’d like to go there one day. That man (named Butch) is still one of Jamie’s favorite people and one heck of an amazing mentor and friend (to me too!)
- He serves on our church’s security team and takes his role VERY seriously. He is always on the lookout for any funny business!
- He makes our bed every morning.
- He is an avid reader.
- He nearly passed out when the anesthesiologist came in to give me my epidural with Jillian. He hadn’t even seen the needles yet. He turned completely white and was told to sit down, and the nurses were the ones who held my hands as I received the medicine. When I turned around to look at him, he looked like a ghost. He will never live this down!
- He’s very interested in finance and planning for our future.
- He is adamant that our girls get a bath every night and are read to every night.
- The other night I woke up on the couch at 10:30 p.m. to find that he wasn’t home. Turns out he had ran out to fill up my almost-empty gas tank so that I wouldn’t be bothered with going out of my way to get gas the next morning while out with the girls.
- He was the one who quietly looked over an Angel tree during lunch a few weeks ago, picking out a three year old girl. He was the one who planned out everything to get for her and did it with a very generous, quiet spirit.
- He’s obsessed with our cars being clean, both inside and out.
- He is an amazing son and son-in-law. AMAZING.
- He’s very good at saying sorry without adding any kind of “but” to it.
- He reads every single one of my blog posts as fast as he can and always gives me the sweetest, most honest feedback.
- He puts up with ME and get a HUGE gold star for that one!
Happy birthday to you, Jamie. You and me are the truest example of opposites attract; We fit together and complement each other so well. I am so grateful to have you by my side in this life. I love you. I love you. I love you!
PS: We wore these hilarious matching Christmas outfits to a good friend’s Tacky Christmas party last Friday and had such a blast! They’re from Shinesty’s matching couple Christmas outfits selection, and we had the hardest time selecting a print because they had so many styles and prints to choose from.
We both were ecstatic when the package came in the mail. The fits for both of us were absolutely PERFECT, thanks to the detailed measurements on the website. The quality is phenomenal and will surely last us for years and years. I washed our outfits on cold water in the washing machine and let them air dry, and they washed up perfectly.
We will totally shop from this brand again for future holidays when we need something kind of fun to wear. 🙂 Shinesty, you are so fun!!
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to two little girls (ages 5 and 2) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo