14 uses for GREEK YOGURT…
- Add chopped cucumbers, dill and a pinch of salt for a quick Greek tsatziki.
- Instead of milk or sweetened yogurts, toss some in your smoothie for a thicker texture.
- Try it as an alternative to heavy cream when making alfredo sauce for pasta.
- Mix with chocolate syrup for an easy fruit dip for a party platter.
- Add a pinch of salt for a rich substitute for sour cream.
- Stir in to a puréed vegetable soup to add thickness and protein.
- For a simple frozen yogurt, add chopped fruit and sweetener and put it in the freezer.
- Use it instead of mayo in chicken, tuna and egg salad to drastically cut down on calories.
- For a quick dessert, stir in light jam, raspberries, raisins, cinnamon or shredded coconut.
- Use it as a frosting for cake or cupcakes. Just add vanilla or almond extract and a bit of sweetener.
- Add spices and a bit of milk for a quick, guilt-free, creamy salad dressing.
- Try as a pre-grill marinade for chicken or lamb: a bit of yogurt, za’atar, lemon zest, pepper flakes and a pinch of salt.
- Add horseradish to make a fish or shrimp dip.
- Mix it with skim milk and use instead of buttermilk for pancakes
I first tried this delicious yogurt when Jamie included it in the breakfast he made me. Yum! It’s so good for you, which is an obvious plus! I definitely scooped up a four-pack at the commissary today. 🙂
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to three little girls (ages 7, 4, and 1) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo