Though Jamie is not hard to please as far as my cooking goes, he was raving about what was on the table tonight! In fact, he’s already called dibs on taking the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Wahhh.
I got the original recipe from another blog, but tweaked it just a hair to our liking.
Note: Please don’t be discouraged by the number of ingredients! You probably have most of these ingredients already in your pantry or refrigerator/freezer! I wouldn’t leave anything out though. The flavors all blended perfectly together to create such a satisfying meal.
Cilantro-Orange Chicken & Rice with Peanut Glaze
1 package (2-3lbs) chicken, cut into smaller pieces
2 bags of Success Brown Rice
1 orange, zest
1 cup cilantro, chopped finely
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 yellow onion, chopped finely
3 tablespoons minced garlic
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
– In a large saucepan, boil the brown rice with the orange zest. I zested (ahem – I used a cheese grater!) the skin of one medium/large orange.
– In large skillet, put olive oil, garlic, onion and chicken. Cook on medium for about 4 minutes.
– Mix in everything else, except the rice, and cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly and carrots, peppers, and onions are soft. Add salt and pepper.
– Add rice to pan and mix well. Keep skillet on low.
– Add peanut glaze and stir well. Garnish with desired cilantro. Serve.
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 orange, juiced (I just squeezed the juice out of the orange that I zested earlier)
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
Red pepper flakes, to taste (adds a really yummy kick!)
– In small bowl, mix all ingredients together until smooth.
Amount of time from start to finish: 30 minutes
Serves 4-6 good sized portions.
Let me know what ya think!
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to three little girls (ages 7, 4, and 1) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo