My friend Courtney over at The Hamby Home shared a recipe very similar to this one with me about a year ago when I was on my journey with AdvoCare to lose the weight I’d gained during my pregnancy. It’s packed with complex carbs (brown rice), vegetables, and protein, and if you’ve ever done the 24 Day Challenge then you know those are three of the five main types of food that lend themselves to a fairly quick, healthy weight loss.
I love this recipe so much because it’s crazy healthy but doesn’t taste like it. I made it for the whole fam last night, and four people plowed through eight servings. Delish!
I hope you love it!
2 tablespoons olive oil
one large red or green pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 lb. ground beef
4 cups cooked brown rice
1 8 oz. jar pasta sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
1. Note: For a healthier, Advocare-friendly dish, substitute the ground beef for ground turkey, use organic pasta sauce, and leave off the cheese.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In large pot, cook rice. Set aside.
4. In large skillet set on medium-high heat, pour in olive oil and garlic and saute onion and pepper until tender.
5. Transfer ground beef to the same skillet as the vegetables and cook until brown throughout. Add onion and chili powder to the mixture while cooking.
6. Add pasta sauce and rice to mixture and combine well.
7. Transfer mixture to baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Enjoy!
Thanks for the link up, Blooming Homestead!
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to three little girls (ages 7, 4, and 1) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo