When Jamie’s away with the Army, I miss him fiercely in both the little and the big moments. I find myself vowing a hundred times over to never take for granted our togetherness once we get it back.
- 3 cups flour
- 2-1/3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- splash of vanilla extract
- chocolate chips to taste (in the DeSpain house “to taste” means about 1/4 cup)
- In separate bowls, combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Stir bowl of wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Cook on greased grilled. Enjoy immensely.
Hi! I’m Erica, and I absolutely adore sharing my life on this website with you! I come here almost daily to blab about all of the things related to being a regular wife and mother in today’s ever-evolving society. I share about our new home, what’s on our kitchen table, what we’re hanging in our closets, where we’re traveling to next, my crazy 5 a.m. work outs, how I make time for girlfriends, our faith, and much more. We always have a lot of balls in the air and somewhat thrive on the chaos. I believe in the power of story-telling as a form of inspiration and entertainment, so I’m here to do both! I was born and raised in north Alabama and recently re-planted roots here again after my husband transitioned out of the Army (he is now in the Reserve and it’s going so well!) I’m a super proud mom to three little girls (ages 7, 4, and 1) who seem to be the stars of the show around here (for good reason – they’re pretty great!) I’m so glad you found me and are here reading! I hope we can get to know each other here on the blog as well as Facebook and/or Instagram. xoxo